|University: Technical University of Košice|
|Faculty: Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics|
|Department: Department of Computers and Informatics
|Course Number: 26001006||Course Name: Legal issues of cyber security|
|Type, scope and method of learning activities:
Course Type: Lecture, Laboratory exercise
Recommended scope of the course content (in hours):
Full-time study (hours per week): 2,2
Part-time study (hours per semester): 26,26
|Number of credits: 6|
|Recommended semester of study: ST|
|Recommended semester||Study programme||Study grade||Study Method|
|3.rok ST||Cybersecurity (KB_Bc_D_sk)||Bachelor||Attendance|
|Level of study:|
|Course completion requirements:
Assessment and completion of the course: Credit test and examination
Continuous assessment: Student passes the continuous assessment and receives credits when he or she meets the requirement to obtain at least 21% out of 40%.
Final assessment: Student passes the final assessment and passes the examination when he or she meets the requirement to obtain at least 31% out of 60%.
Overall assessment: Overall assessment is the sum of the assessments obtained by students in the assessment period. The overall result is determined in accordance with the internal regulations of the Technical University in Košice. (Study Regulations, the internal regulation principles of doctoral studies)
The course aims to understand the necessary knowledge of legal aspects of cyber security, especially personal data protection, criminal law aspects of IT, intellectual property, and information society services.
|Brief course content:
1. Introduction to CS and ICT law.
2. Electronic legal acts and electronic signature.
3. Trust-creating services.
4. Electronic commerce.
5. Protection of privacy and personal data.
6. Single digital market - geoblocking, shared economy.
7. Liability on the Internet.
8. Intellectual property rights.
9. Computer crime.
10. Cyber and information security.
|Recommended Reference Sources:
1. Criminal Code - Act No. 300/2005 Coll. as amended
2. Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on Protection of Personal Data and on Amendments to certain Acts
3. New Copyright Act (CA) - Act no. 185/2015 Coll. as amended
4. Jeff Kosseff: Cybersecurity Law, 2nd Edition, 2019, ISBN 978-1119517207.
|Recommended optional program components:
|Languages required for the course completion: Slovak|
Total number of students assessed: 36
prof. Ing. Liberios Vokorokos, PhD.
JUDr. Ivana Semanová
|Last modified: 01.09.2022|
|Approved by: person(s) responsible for the study program|