|University: Technical University of Košice|
|Faculty: Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics|
|Department: Department of Electronics and Multimedia Communications
|Course Number: 26001192||Course Name: Cloud technologies fundamentals|
|Type, scope and method of learning activities:
Course Type: Lecture, Laboratory exercise
Recommended scope of the course content (in hours):
Full-time study (hours per week): 2,2
Part-time study (hours per semester): 26,26
Study Method: Attendance
|Number of credits: 6|
|Recommended semester of study: ST|
|Recommended semester||Study programme||Study grade||Study Method|
|3.rok ST||Computer networks (PS_Bc_D_sk)||Bachelor||Attendance|
|Level of study: Bachelor|
|Course completion requirements:
Assessment and completion of the course: Credit test and examination
Continuous assessment: Student passes the continuous assessment and receives credits when he or she meets the requirement to obtain at least 16% out of 30%.
Final assessment: Student passes the final assessment and passes the examination when he or she meets the requirement to obtain at least 36% out of 70%.
Overall assessment: Overall assessment is the sum of the assessments obtained by students in the assessment period. The overall result is determined in accordance with the internal regulations of the Technical University in Košice. (Study Regulations, the internal regulation principles of doctoral studies)
Students will gain an overview of the possibilities of cloud technologies and ways to deploy the application in a production environment. They will get acquainted with the principles of virtualization, containerization and orchestration, and the services of various cloud service providers. They will learn to containerize the application, deploy it with the help of Docker, Docker Compose and Kubernetes technologies in the environment of private and public cloud.
|Brief course content:
1 Virtualization, Virtual Machine and Tools Installation.
2 Docker Application Containers,
3. Launch the container.
4. Cloud files and databases,
5. Virtual network, virtual disks.
6. Azure cloud, image register, App service,
7. Creating a container image.
8. Container orchestration, Docker Compose, Azure Container, Azure Storage
9. Azure Kubernetes System, Installing Kubernetes.
10. Kubernetes components and their configuration
11. Application publishing, Ingress, LoadBalancer.
12. Other cloud services, CI CD, machine learning in cloud.
|Recommended Reference Sources:
1. Soni Mitesh, Agile, DevOps and Cloud Computing with Microsoft Azure: Hands-On DevOps practices implementation using Azure DevOps, BPB Publications 2019, ISBN 978-9388511902
2. by Brendan Burns , Joe Beda, Kelsey Hightower: Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure 2nd Edition O'Reilly Media; 2nd edition 2019, ISBN 1492046531
3. Nigel Poulton: Docker Deep Dive, Independently published 2017 ISBN 1521822808
|Recommended optional program components:
|Languages required for the course completion: Slovak, English|
|Notes: To successfully complete the course, it is necessary to obtain a credit and successfully pass the exam. This includes the student's participation in educational activities of direct teaching, lectures, exercises, as well as independent study and independent creative activity of the student in processing the semester assignment / assignments, project on a specified topic, to a specified extent, in a specified design of a total of 180 hours intensity of the student's work per semester.|
Total number of students assessed: 97
prof. Ing. Jozef Juhár, CSc.
Ing. Daniel Hládek, PhD.
Ing. Ján Staš, PhD.
|Last modified: 01.09.2022|
|Approved by: person(s) responsible for the study program|